So, does anyone else have the same pumpkin spice fever that I do? I go through waves in the fall when I want pumpkin spice everything – oatmeal, coffee, smoothies – and I am certainly in the PSL phase right now. However, I wanted to make my own version of pumpkin spice creamer since the typical Starbucks variety is loaded with sugar and ingredients I can’t pronounce. You know me and needing to know what’s in my food ; ) So, I conjured up this super easy pumpkin spice creamer and am currently drinking it in my coffee this morning. Tasty, tasty.
You will need:
Pumpkin spice (cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, in case you don’t have a blend of spices)
Extra cinnamon, add to your liking
2 spoonfuls of pumpkin puree
Honey (or sweetener of your choice)
Cashew milk (or use actual creamer to get a thicker consistency)
– In a medium pot toast your pumpkin spice and cinnamon until it is nice and fragrant. Be sure to have your element on low heat to ensure nothing gets burned : )
– Add in your pumpkin puree and vanilla, and mix until the spices are combined. By this time it will be smelling like fall in your kitchen!
– Next, add your cashew milk or cream. I used about a cup of this, though use as much as you’d like!
– Whisk the creamer mixture and add in your honey/sweetener and vanilla
– Allow this to get warm on the stove before pouring it into a glass jar, or let it cool and put it into a container of your choice
VOILA! Super, super easy. I added a little bit more honey in the morning to make it a touch bit sweeter in my coffee.
The very last step, of course, is to make some coffee and pour yourself a big ol’ mug! It makes a nice accompaniment to pumpkin spice oats, too ; )
There we have it. Easy pumpkin spice creamer you can make at home. Let me know in the comments if you try it or if you are a PSL lover!