Hey friends!

No podcast episode today. If you follow my Healthy Living Holly page on Facebook, you will know that I have been sick for the last week.

It has NOT been fun, but I am happy to report that I am feeling much better now.

Let’s rewind. I went to Vegas June 8-11th, and was home on the 12th (which was a Monday). I was super tired, took a nap, and just felt BLAH from the travel and ferry ride. This is pretty normal, I figure. So, Tuesday I woke up and went to work and had a scratchy throat. I felt off, but thought this could be because I was dehydrated and still recovering from Vegas. However, when I woke up on Wednesday morning, I felt like I had been hit by a bus.

My throat was swollen, I barely had a voice, it was hard to swallow, and I just overall felt miserable. This continued on into Thursday, then on Friday when it still wasn’t getting better I went to my doctor. He said I had tonsillitis, which is an infection of your tonsils, and prescribed me some antibiotics to start that day. Okay, I can handle that.

BUUUUT… Then on Friday my EYE was acting all weird. Blurry vision, a cloudy white mucus in my eye, and my eyes were SO red. This progressed through the evening, and as soon as I woke up on Saturday morning I went to the emergency room. After the doctor checked out my tonsils again, my ears, my nose, my eyes, we came to this conclusion: I have an eye infection and an ear infection, too.

FUN!! So this was pretty much me all last week and this weekend.


Side note: I don’t know what is going on with Katy Perry, but it is weird.

So, the doctor said I should not in close contact with people for at least five days of taking antibiotics, which means that today is my first day back to work in five days. To say there has been a lot of sleeping and laying around watching TV/Netflix would be an understatement.


When Ryan was home on Monday he finished this shelf he has been building for me!



I was super excited because not only is it above what I had in mind for a new bookshelf, but it also gave me something to do – rearranging everything, that is. It also made me realize how many books I haven’t read yet, which means I have some work to do!

As far as exercising goes, there has been none to speak of. No running, no weight lifting, no nothing. I don’t think I’ve slept so much in my life, to be honest! While having a break is great and I understand that I need to let my body heal and recover, I have to say that I am SO impatient to start running again. All weekend I would tell Ryan, “But Saturday is my long run day!” And he would roll his eyes at me, make me more tea, and then I would proceed to have another nap on the couch. Such a life of luxury I lead, right?


So, there’s the update for you! Hopefully things will pick up quickly on the running front, but I suppose it’s best to be patient and not RUSH these things. I hope you are all having a happy and HEALTHY week so far! 🙂 Chat to you tomorrow!



Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *