Happy Friday! What do you guys have planned this weekend? Running, racing, working out, getting your downward facing dog on, doing a whole lotta relaxing!? Tomorrow I have my Saturday long run with run club, then puppy class, and on Sunday we are probably going to take a quick trip to Victoria. Well, I want to go to Victoria to use my 25% discount from the Lululemon & Strava 40 | 80 challenge, but I haven’t exactly told Ryan that yet ; ) Hehe.
To kick off this Friday morning I wanted to share with you my week in training. It was a fun week of running and wrapped up with a race, as you guys may have already read about here.
- Saturday, January 20th: Rest day for the race tomorrow!
- Sunday, January 21st: Cobble Hill 10km. You can read my race recap here! It started off as a rainy day, but turned into a beautiful, sunny day and a great run.
- Monday, January 22nd: Rest day! I went for a quick 15 minute walk at lunch to take advantage of a break in the rain, but kept things really easy and low-key.
- Tuesday, January 23rd: 30 minutes of easy running, which ended up being 5.12km. Yes, that .12 is important to note, haha! It was another rainy morning, but I felt STRONG and fresh after Monday’s rest day. I ran up a long, curved hill that I often come across during my morning runs (purposely seeking more hillier routes, which is easy since there’s quite a few hills around where we live!), and didn’t stop to walk or take a break at all. This was a good feeling especially since my quads were a bit sore from Sunday’s race. Nothing too bad though and it ended up being a great run.
- Wednesday, January 24th: HOLY rain. This was my Wednesday evening run club with the Ceevacs, and it down poured on us. If you follow me on Instagram you would’ve seen my Insta-Story from this evening where I literally had rain dripping off the brim of my hat. The rain also soaked through my jacket and long sleeve top underneath, and my pants were almost black they were so wet (they are grey). We did 7 easy kilometres, and after I got changed into dry clothes, I foam rolled for about 15 minutes.
Here’s a little Wednesday night breakfast prep for you! I was craving a smoothie & thought I would get everything ready to go the night before, that way all I had to add was cashew milk.
In my smoothie I had vanilla plant based protein powder, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp peanut butter, a shake of maca powder, a scoop of collagen powder, about 1/4 cup strawberries, spinach & baby kale, chia seeds, and cashew milk. Blendy blend blend & you’re done!
- Thursday, January 25th: Another rainy run with some hills. 10km in total at 6:06/km, which is kind of my easy pace “sweet spot.” For now! Soon getting faster will be easier, but right now I am working in the space I am in and taking steps to get faster. I stretched a bit after this run, but wanted to shower & get ready for the work day so didn’t spend too much time stretching.
- Friday, January 26th: A little bit of yoga & some upper body weights and core work. I like to have Fridays as my rest days (unless I am racing on a Sunday), but I wanted to get in a bit of cross training and thought the stretching would do my body good!
Tomorrow is long run day, and we are running in my hometown of Chemainus! I love Chemainus and know a lot of good running routes, so I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun : ) Plus, the post run coffee is always nice (as I feel like I’ve mentioned before haha), and then the rest of the busy weekend activities. I hope you all have a great day!